Communications & Marketing Manager
|Salary:||Based on Experience|
|Location:||New York, New York|
|Description:||Organization: Citizens Union of the City of New York and Citizens Union Foundation
Responsibilities: The Communications and Marketing Manager will coordinate and manage the organization’s activity in communications, marketing, public relations, and advertising. Working with fellow staff, board and committee members, interns and the Executive Director, the Manager will propose, execute and manage efforts to promote the organization’s message and its work, market its publication GothamGazette.com, and solicit advertising dollars in support of the publication.
The core responsibilities and program activities include:
• Develop and execute an annual public relations strategy and communications plan for Citizens Union, Citizens Union Foundation, and Gotham Gazette that raises the profile of the organizations and its publication and promotes their collective brands.
• Manage press relations and communications to the media.
• Manage communications to the membership and donors of the two organizations.
• Create a social network marketing capacity and promote and manage it.
• Work with graphic design consultants and printers to produce materials.
• Market Gotham Gazette with the intent to drive traffic to the site and increase readership.
• Strengthen, deepen and coordinate the organization’s emerging social networking efforts.
• Sell advertising on the site for Gotham Gazette.
• Manage the organizations’ institutional website.
• Handle all activity related to public relations, marketing and communications.
The Organization: Citizens Union (CU), a nonpartisan civic organization for good government for over a century, works to inform and engage the citizens of New York to ensure local and state government values its citizens, addresses critical issues, and operates in a fair, open, and fiscally sound manner. CU serves as a watchdog for the public interest and an advocate for good government at City Hall and the State Capitol. Working to ensure fair elections, clean campaigns, transparent governing and responsible governance, CU not only seeks to inform the debate on public policy issues, but influence the formulation of public policy that affects the lives of all New Yorkers. Citizens Union Foundation (CUF) is the nonprofit research, education and advocacy organization affiliated with Citizens Union. CUF conducts research and analyzes the impact of proposed public policy and legislation at the city and state level. One of its projects is publishing the weekday online website, www.gothamgazette.com.
Reports to: Executive Director but works with Director of Public Policy, Director of
Development, and Editor-in-Chief of Gotham Gazette.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and retirement savings program. . Benefits include fully paid health insurance, ten days paid vacation to start
|Qualifications:||Candidates should possess the following qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor degree with an interest in public policy, advocacy and the civic life of New York.
• Demonstrated experience in communication, public relations, advertising, and marketing activities.
• Experience with social network marketing a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Ability to know and work in developing good design, branding, imaging.
• Familiarity with print production and website management.
• Strong personal presence with solid interpersonal skills.
• Innovative and critical thinker, diligent, detail-oriented, and exceptional ability to work with others.
• Ability to sell advertising that generates income.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office and knowledge of design and web software.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
|How to Apply:||Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to either email@example.com, or Attn. Communications and Marketing Manager, Citizens Union, 299 Broadway, Ste. 700, New York, NY 10007.