Click on the image above to see a detailed site plan (PDF format, 716 KB)
This concept plan creates a 5-acre triangular public open space with Greenwich Street extending through the site. New memorial, cultural, and commercial facilities enclose this open space to the west, with a central public pavilion. A major east-west pedestrian route passes through a series of open and enclosed spaces, including the pavilion, which provides access to memorial facilities and a below-grade transit concourse. A broad elevated pedestrian deck spans West Street to reach the upper level of the Winter Garden, leading to the waterfront.
Principal Features of this Concept Plan:
- 5-acre triangular open space
- Memorial/cultural facilities, with a public pavilion
- 13.2 acres of total public space including streets, sidewalks, and public arcades
- Elevated pedestrian deck over West Street to the Winter Garden
- Greenwich Street extended through site
- West Street at grade with pedestrian deck
- 6 towers (1 at 85 stories, 1 at 61 stories, and 4 at 59 stories)
- Potential residential development south of Liberty Street
The comments section is provided as a free service to our readers. Gotham Gazette's editors reserve the right to delete any comments. Some reasons why comments might get deleted: inappropriate or offensive content, off-topic remarks or spam.
Last Updated (Mar 21, 2012)