This concept plan creates a 4-acre open space between an extended Greenwich Street and West Street. Memorial or cultural uses occupy the southwest corner of the site. Fulton street is extended from Church Street to Greenwich Street, and further east by a multi-level pedestrian concourse, which connects by bridge to the Winter Garden upper level. The tallest of five office towers overlooks the new open space, and could have an antenna or sculptural top which marks the skyline.
Principal Features of this Concept Plan:
- 4-acre open space
- Memorial or cultural facilities in the southwest portion of the site
- 6.8-acres of new public space including streets, sidewalks, and public arcades
- Greenwich Street extended through site, Fulton Street extended partially through site
- West Street at grade with pedestrian bridge
- 5 towers (1 at 80 stories, 2 at 66 stories, 2 at 50 stories)
- Potential residential development south of Liberty Street
The comments section is provided as a free service to our readers. Gotham Gazette's editors reserve the right to delete any comments. Some reasons why comments might get deleted: inappropriate or offensive content, off-topic remarks or spam.
Recent Articles by Gotham Gazette Staff :