Bronx Borough Courthouse, South Bronx
Completed in 1914, the Bronx Borough Courthouse on 161st Street and Third Avenue has served as home to the borough government and a courthouse. The Beaux Arts-style building features a granite exterior, marble interiors, and a statue of Justice above the south entrance. The building was abandoned in 1978, but later designated as a historic landmark by the city. It has been refurbished and was home to various community groups, but today it sits empty. Without an owner or use, preservation groups worry that the building is again falling into neglect and disrepair.